Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mothers Day Challenge Day 2

Quality 2: Mothers NURTURE with Unconditional Love

By, Sister Julie B. Beck

"To nurture means to cultivate, care for, and make grow...Nurturing requires organization, patience, love, and work. Helping growth occur through nurturing is truly a powerful and influential role bestowed on women." -Sister Beck

As one who loves a clean and orderly home, it took me a few years of mothering to learn that my first priority shouldn't be following my little children around all day and cleaning up after them. Dirt happens, milk spills and dust collects daily. Cleaning will always be part of what we do as mothers, but it's not the most important of tasks.  Instead, I have realized that it is my calling as a mother to place priority on spending time playing games, reading to, laughing with and listening to my children-nurturing them one-on-one and collectively.

Yes, I still love a clean home, but with 4 young children, it seems impossible most days. I have learned to focus more on memories made and love expressed, instead of getting frustrated that I can't seem to stay organized or keep my bathrooms spotless. 

I love Sister Beck's perspective that "Helping growth occur through nurturing is truly a powerful and influential role bestowed on women."

How does it benefit children when mother's place priority on nurturing the special spirits in their care?



#abundantlife30 #ldschurch #mormon #mothers #motherhood

No comments: